CareersJoin a winning team.
Come Join Us
Impact Research promotes personal and professional development and career advancement. By joining our team, you will gain valuable experience and exposure to challenging and rewarding work. Our firm is a place where you can grow into your full potential.
We believe that investing in individuals is the best way to achieve global success.
Impact offers a team-oriented working environment which allows professionals to learn and grow from their peers’ natural strengths as they tackle challenges and solve problems together. We are fortunate to be surrounded by a caring team that is highly skilled and motivated. Though our employees are passionate in the performance of their individual roles, they recognize that the team’s synergy produces results unattainable individually. Team members exhibit humility, empathy, and respect while also bringing intensity and their unique perspective to every project.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: Strong interest or background in politics or polling.
This position is available in our Washington, D.C., or Montgomery, Alabama office.
ALG Polling is a nationally recognized Democratic polling firm with offices in Washington, DC, Boston, Chicago, New York and company headquarters in Montgomery, AL. The Research Assistant will assist partners and associates in writing surveys, analyzing data and presenting strategic recommendations based on findings through reports and presentations. This is a rare opening with a nationally recognized firm. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and works efficiently with short timelines, deadlines, and significant pressure. Applicants should be self-starters with exceptional organizational and time-management skills. The person selected for this position will interact with ALG partners and associates and will be trained in polling and strategic consulting.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Researching & preparing documents for proposals, presentations, and client meetings and calls.
• Proofing surveys, data and strategic memos.
• Creating reports, memos, charts, and Power Point presentations based on data.
• Assisting in survey development, fielding surveys, and reporting of data.
• Interpreting data to create meaningful and usable information to assist project leads with strategy development.
Preference given to candidates who possess a mix of the following:
• Basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Creative thinker and innovator.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task, highly organized with strong time management skills.
• Experience managing multiple projects with strict deadlines on a daily basis.
• The ability to laugh at oneself or tell a good joke.
ALG offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes employer-paid health insurance. Email resumes to email@example.com. Open until filled.
ALG is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ALG encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. All ALG employees are required to be vaccinated.
ALG would like to announce spring, summer, and fall internship openings in our Washington, D.C. office. We are a nationally recognized Democratic polling firm headquartered in Montgomery, AL with offices in Washington, D.C., Chicago, Boston, and New York. We conducted public opinion research and strategic consulting for President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and work for U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, statewide and legislative elected officials, and multiple labor organizations, progressive groups and associations.
As an intern you will get an inside perspective on public opinion polling – learning what it is, how it works, and how it is used in political campaigns. Ideal candidates are a recent college graduate or a rising college junior/senior currently enrolled in a Bachelors’ degree program in a political-related field. Your tasks will differ based on your skill set, performance, and proximity to an election cycle. However, the basic functions of an ALG intern may include:
- Running and proofing polling documents
- Producing PowerPoint presentations (proficiency with PowerPoint is required)
- Tracking ALG clients in the news and through social media
- Reviewing poll memos and presentations to be sent out to clients/campaigns
- Assisting with writing our National Polling Summary
- Updating marketing materials, website, client lists, etc.
- Creating data maps to be used in client meetings
- Creating documents for focus groups
- Monitoring live interviews of our polls
- Running errands, answering office phone and miscellaneous tasks
ALG interns are paid $15 per hour and work 30-40 hours per week. We are recruiting for 2022 winter, spring and fall internships. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning December 14, 2020. If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALG is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ALG encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. ALG requires all employees to be fully vaccinated.
If you would like to start a conversation about employment, please fill out the form below.